Google rewards HTTPS/SSL secure Gold Coast websites
Security is a top priority for Google after announcing that HTTPS/SSL would be used as a ranking signal. SEO experts and webmasters have been encouraged to embrace a more secure internet by switching their websites to use secure, encrypted connections. The switch from HTTP to HTTPS is aimed at keeping everyone safe on the web.
While the signal is considered relatively small for now – much less than other signals such as high-quality content – Google does intend to strengthen this signal as more websites become HTTPS/SSL enabled. Results from recent testing of the HTTPS signal by Google showed “positive results” in terms of relevancy and ranking in Google’s search results.
SEO considerations for HTTP to HTTPS migrations
The process of switching from HTTP to HTTPS involves important steps to avoid any issues with your rankings. Gold Coast Websites are experienced at managing HTTP to HTTPS migrations carefully, ensuring the necessary communication with Google so that your traffic doesn’t suffer. The following tasks are included in a HTTP to HTTPS website migration:
- Choosing the right SSL Certificate: single, multi-domain, or wildcard certificate
- Use of 2048-bit key certificates
- Use of relative URLs for resources that reside on the same secure domain
- Use of protocol relative URLs for all other domains
- Avoid blocking of the HTTPS website from crawling using robots.txt
- Allow indexing of all pages by search engines where possible. Avoid use of the noindex robots meta tag.
Gold Coast SEO Security experts
Let the expert Security and SEO Gold Coast Websites team move your current website from HTTP to HTTPS and let’s all make the web more secure! Contact us on (07) 5635 4224 or send an online enquiry from our website today.